L-Theanine 100 mg
A Natural Amino Acid for Mental Tension
L-Theanine supplies 100 mg of pure L-Theanine in each vegetarian capsule.
According to statistics released by the National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH), over 19 million Americans suffer from an anxiety disorder. L-Theanine is a unique amino acid found in green tea. Green tea has traditionally been used for centuries to help promote relaxation. In recent times, L-Theanine has been studied for its use in causing relaxation without drowsiness. One way to record relaxation analytically is by measuring a weak electric pulse on the surface of the brain known as brain waves. Brain waves are categorized into one of four groups: alpha, beta, gamma or theta. Alpha waves are associated with a state of relaxation without drowsiness. In one study, 200 mg of theanine generated alpha waves in the occipital and parietal regions of the brain. No adverse side effects were reported in the study. Other studies have indicated that the intensity of alpha waves generated is dose-dependent to the amount of theanine administered, and that theanine can reach the brain 30 minutes after oral administration. In addition to relaxation, research on L- theanine suggests that it can have significant benefits for cardiovascular, immune and neurological health.
L-Theanine may be a useful dietary supplement for individuals wishing to support healthy mental functioning.
As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) vegetarian capsule, one (1) to three (3) times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
1 Vegetarian Capsule Contains:
L-Theanine***……………………………………………. 100 mg
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, water (vegetarian capsules), cellulose, magnesium stearate, and silica.
***From SunTheanine®, a 100% pure, patented source of L-Theanine manufactured in Japan by Taiyo International. SunTheanine has been extensively evaluated in many scientific studies and shown to promote relaxation and deep, restful sleep without causing drowsiness or other unwanted side effects.
This product contains NO sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
No adverse effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
- Ito K, Nagato Y, Aoi N, Juneja LR, Kim K, Yamamoto T Sugimoto S. Effects of L- theanine on the release of alpha-brain waves in human volunteers. Nippon Nogeikagaku Kaishi, 72; (1998) 153-157.
- Juneja LR, Chu DC, Okubo T, Yokogoshi H. L-Theanine – a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends in Food Science and Technology: 10; (1999) 199-204.
- Kakuda T, Nozawa A, Unno T, Okamura N, Okai O. Inhibiting effects of theanine on caffeine stimulation evaluated by EEG in the rat. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2000 Feb;64(2):287-93.
- Kimura R, et al. Influence of alkylamides of glutamic acid and related compounds on the central nervous system. I. Central depressant effect of theanine. Chem Pharm Bull 1971;19:1261-7.
- Yokogoshi H, et al. Reduction effect of theanine on blood pressure and brain 5- hydroxyindoles in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1995;59:615-8.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.